I looked up some quotes to see if I could convince myself that patience was a good thing. In the process, I found...
~All good things come to he who waits.
~The secret of patience is doing something else in the meanwhile.
~Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
~Patience is not passive; on the contrary, it is active; it is concentrated strength.
So, yeah. Those helped. But of course, in the process, I enjoyed coming across some that discuss patience with somewhat of a sarcastic tone...
~How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?
~Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.
~Patience: A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.
The second set of quotes describes more of how I'm feeling. Whoever said patience is a virtue was not waiting for something!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment