Friday, May 11, 2012

Big Baldy

Because of an all-day training I had last weekend, I took today off. It was so very much needed, and I did my best to make the most of it. This afternoon, a small group went on a hike. It was supposed to be an easy three, maybe four hour hike. Oh, how wrong we were! It was far from easy, and those who actually finished it took about five and a half hours. It was really pretty, but the biggest issue was that the trail was nearly straight up the mountain. That's really hard to climb. I did pretty well for a while, but then I lost all motivation and couldn't do it anymore. One of the things I enjoyed most was how quiet it was. We were perfectly removed from everything that we couldn't really hear anything from the cities. I love the peace that comes when I am away from normal life.
A few of the guys took a detour up to this ledge...
look closely, they really are there
The ledge where they guys detoured...it doesn't look so high anymore 
The Girls
The Guys
It's called "Big Baldy" for a really good reason
Wildflowers
And more wildflowers

No comments: