My job is stressful, overwhelming, and extremely busy. Often times, I feel like I don't do well, and fall behind in a lot of ways. I want to just throw my hands in the air and give up. I look at everything I have to do and just wish it could go away and I could start fresh with the planning and organizing I so desire to implement. I want to work only 40 hours in one week, and not come home after work just to do more. Some day, that will actually happen, but for now, it's in the crazy stage. Since I started eight months ago, I have never wanted to fully give up and find something different. And there is one main reason for that...
I love the people I work with. I have heard countless times that those you serve you come to love. You find a special connection with them. This job is the perfect example of that. I have some difficult clients, but there are days that I just look at them and feel so much love. I feel that way for those in my area now and those I worked with as a staff when I was here before. These people hold a very special place in my heart. I see the potential they have and what amazing things they can do. I want so much to help them reach that potential, and I get frustrated when I seem to hit a barrier. I love to sit and talk and enjoy their amazing personalities. They have struggles, yes, but they are amazing. They make me happy, and make the stresses of the job worth almost every second. When I feel like I can't handle it anymore, I just have to spend five minutes with them to remember why I do what I do. I so look forward to the day that I get to see them and talk with them and interact with them without these difficulties and handicaps they deal with now. I look forward to the day that I get to meet the unhindered people I work with now on a daily basis.
8 years ago
2 comments:
Krystal! I love this post. Makes me miss that place so much. Miss our days laying out at the pool! :) Hope you are doing well!
You are amazing! And they are blessed! And I hope you don't freeze tonight!!!
Post a Comment