Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Let it Go

On the way home from work, I drove through a rainstorm. The song on the radio was Tim McGraw's "Let it Go." It spoke to my heart...

The words that made the biggest impression on me are the chorus:
Today I'm gonna keep on walking
I'm gonna hold my head up high
Gonna leave it all behind
Today I'm gonna stand out in the rain
Let it wash it all away, yeah wash it all away
I'm gonna let it go

I can't really explain the effect those words had on me. But this afternoon, I spent half an hour standing out in the rain and thinking. It felt amazing. I have been struggling with something the last few weeks, and today I took a major step toward healing. I let the rain wash away some of my fears. It's not all better, but it will be. With time, I will be fine and will be able to completely Let it Go.

No comments: