The Rexburg Temple has held a special place in my heart for about seven years. It was announced just before I knew I was for sure going to attend BYU-Idaho. Ground was broken right after my first year.
I watched as it progressively came to look more and more like a temple.
I remember the day Moroni was put on the top of the spire (I could see it out my bedroom window).
Random note...after Moroni was placed on the Temple, they started lighting up the spire at night...and only the spire. It was what I referred to as a "floating steeple."
I watched as it was completed. I was able to participate in the open house by ushering one evening, and I attended the open house a couple of times to tour the temple.
I was present at the dedication. And my last semester in Rexburg, I went at least once a week, usually twice a week, to do baptisms for the dead.
The Rexburg Temple holds a special place in my heart. This last weekend, that place in my heart grew. I was able to go to the Temple and receive my endowment in the Rexburg Temple. Even though it wasn't what I have always planned on, it was a blessing that it worked out like it did. I love this Temple so much, and it will always be one of "my temples."







1 comment:
It was an amazing weekend in a beautiful place with an amazing daughter and most of our family. Thank you for living a worthy life and for choosing righteous living. I love you~
Post a Comment