Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day Four, cont...

After dinner, Brian took me to get ice cream. He said he wanted some Brian and Krystal time since we hadn't been able to do anything for my birthday. It was a very quick trip...we left the parking lot at 8:15 and pulled back in at 8:39. My thoughts were along the lines of: "Great...thanks, Brian. Here we're doing something since we hadn't done anything for my birthday and you gave me a whole 24 minutes of your time. Yes, the ice cream was yummy (we went to Cold Stone), but that's not exactly what I had in mind for Brian and Krystal time."

As we walked up toward my apartment, I realized the lights were off and I was surprised that my roommates had left. Then I walked in the door, turned on the lights, and lots and lots of people jumped out at me! I'll tell you what...I was so confused. It probably took me a good five or ten seconds to realize that this was a surprise birthday party for me. I sat there staring for a while trying to figure it all out. Then, I caught on. I think it all made sense when I looked over to the counter and saw this...

It was a fun surprise. And I had been clueless. Everyone did such a great job of keeping it quiet, and they pulled it off great! Thanks everyone for a great party!!

Final product:

Final note: Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray!! Success!! I am just glad you didn't suspect a thing!!