Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Polar Express

I have a new favorite word. Actually, it's probably not really a new favorite, I've loved it for a long time. My love for this word started approximately 4 and a half years ago while reading my scriptures. I came across a couple verses in which it is repeated many times. I pondered these verses, specifically this word, for days.

I love the book and movie The Polar Express. This story is so wonderful. I've loved it since I was a little girl. I was so excited when they made a movie out of it. It's a wonderful movie, and am reminded every time I watch it how much I love it.
One thing about this movie that I have come to really love the last four and a half years is that it uses this favorite word. In fact, there's an entire song named with this word. The word is Believe. What an amazing word. I can't describe what the word does for me, but it works wonders in my heart, and I love it.
I love the last line of this book and movie: "At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."

This is a great time to think about those things that you really believe in, and what greater reminder than an amazing children's book and movie. What bell still rings for you?

No comments: