I love the music so much, and just like I feel with any music, I think it adds so much to the story. Scrooge explains his own personality in a song called "I Hate People."
People are despicable creatures
Loathesome inexplicable creatures
Good-for-nothing kickable creatures
I hate people! I abhor them!
...
Little wonder I hate people
And I don't care if they hate me!
Bob Cratchit and two children sing a song called "Christmas Children" (high on my favorite list) as they prove to us that Christmas doesn't require a lot of money.
Christmas children live in a Christmas daydream
Waiting for the magic to unfold
Wondrous things to eat
Every Christmas treat
Rich or not the Christmas pot of gold
Hypnotizes children young and old
The love story between Scrooge and Isabel during the time with the Ghost of Christmas Past is accompanied with a song entitled "Happiness."
They say happiness
Is a thing you can't see
A thing you can't touch
I disagree
Happiness is standing beside me
I can see him
He can see me
Happiness is whatever
You want it to be
The Ghost of Christmas Present convinces Scrooge to join him in singing a song called "I Like Life."
I like life here and now
Life and I made a mutual vow
Till I die, life and I,
We'll both try to be better somehow
And if life were a woman she would be my wife
Why? Because I like life!
And as the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come visits, the people who know Scrooge sing the song "Thank you Very Much" as they celebrate his death.
Thank you very much
Thank you very much
That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me
It sounds a bit bizarre
But things they way they are
I feel as if another life's begun for me
And if I had a canon I would fire it
To add a sort of celebration touch
But since I left me canon at home
I simply have to say:
Thank you very, very, very much
Thank you very, very, very much
Oh, great music! I recommend the movie because of the wonderful music.
Then to add to the great movie and music, we have a wide array of fantastic food...Chex mix, relish trays, french bread with spinach artichoke dip, crackers and a cheese ball (which I have been craving for a few days), many other foods, and homemade hot wassail. I had a snack before we started, and basically ate a dinner of yummy Scrooge Night foods.
I can't really explain Scrooge Night in words. It really is something that must be experienced to fully understand it. Just know that it's my favorite. I look forward to it every year.

No comments:
Post a Comment