Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter

The last couple of months have been filled with Harry Potter. I decided I wanted to read the books before the last movie came out. I got through the first three books in decent time and figured I was definitely on track to finish them all. Then I got stuck on the fourth. It took me forever to read. The fifth...well, I didn't have much hope for it since the I took so long on the previous one. And, by that time, we were watching the movies.
Another way to prepare for a final movie is to watch all the movies leading up to it. A group of us embarked on this journey. We got through the sixth movie and then I watched the seventh by myself the day I went to watch the last movie. So, this one I did succeed at.
And the last movie was amazing! It was and epic finale! I was impressed and very pleased with how the series ended. (Aside from the fact that the snake was all over in this movie!)
All the hype leading up to the last movie was so much fun, and I definitely got caught up in it. I love remembering the details and twists to the story. It's all brilliant and so exciting for me. However, now that we've reached an end, I'm ready to come back down from the hype and take a break from Harry Potter. I definitely still love it and will read the books, watch the movies, and get into the Harry Potter mood again, but for now, I'm stepping away.

There have been lots of good times, and it's exciting...and a little weird...to think that it's done now. I look forward to new exciting things in the future!

P.S. What happened to this guy? He definitely grew up!

No comments: