There is something about the Fourth of July that I absolutely love. To me, it's the epitome of summer. When I think about this holiday, I think of all kinds of summer things...BBQ's, swimming, a day off work, carefree, and of course...fireworks! I love fireworks...sitting outside on a warm summer night seeing kids running around with all kinds of glowing things...it's wonderful!
The last few years...probably six or seven or so...I have seen the Idaho Falls fireworks. The are amazing...such a great show! The one time I haven't was when we were in Alaska for a family reunion. That year was sad for fireworks because they don't have the same effect in Alaska when it doesn't get dark. But...I've watched the Idaho Falls fireworks for many years, and I was kind of sad that I didn't get to be there this year.
However, things worked out great! And I got spoiled with fireworks this year!! My Fourth of July actually began on Friday. Friday night I went to the Freedom Fire in Logan. The night included Diamond Rio, a really big Military jet, Fireworks choreographed to music, and some pretty great company. :)


Saturday night I went to Stadium of Fire! This night included...
great friends,
awesome patriotic stuff including parachute jumpers, F-16 flyover, and patriot music that I love;
Stadium of Fire dancers,
Stadium of Fire dancers,
David Archuleta,
and Brad Paisley!
...and more Fireworks choreographed to music!

Sunday was just a great day...complete with wonderful people and going to bed way too late...mostly because I could...because I didn't work today.
Finally, actually Independence Day...I had a day off! I carefully thought out my 4th of July outfit (last night when I wasn't going to sleep) and ended up with red jewelry, a white shirt, and blue cardigan...yes, my holiday outfits are thought out. I had a relaxing day with Toni, made a patriotic jello, and finished my day with yet, more fireworks! This time we went to Thanksgiving Point. Three firework shows in four days...Yes, I feel that I was spoiled in terms of fireworks this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment