Sunday, July 10, 2011

Priorities

I was watching President Hinckley's biography today and something really stood out to me. It tells the story of when President and Sister Hinckley were courting, and she is quoted saying,

"As we got closer to marriage, I felt completely confident that Gordon loved me. But I also knew somehow that I would never come first with him. I knew I was going to be second in his life and that the Lord was going to be first. And that was okay. It seemed to me that if you understood the gospel and the purpose of our being here, you would want a husband who put the Lord first."
I thought about that, and realized what a profound statement it is. We should always live so that we put the Lord first in whatever we do...wherever we are...whoever we are with. The Lord should always be our number one priority.

I love Sister Hinckley. She always has great quotes and teaches amazing lessons is just the smallest statements.

No comments: