My mind thinks very logically...most of the time. And when it's not thinking logically, it's usually on the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't like that I'm that way some of the time, but changing it is not an easy process.
But, back to the logic thing. When things happen, I like to have a reason for it. Take Calculus, for example. Why is y=2x the derivative of y=x^2 (x-squared)? Because at any given point on the curve y=x^2, you can find the slope of that specific point by putting the x-value into the equation of y=2x. And there you have the slope of the curve at that point. Logic...I love it. If there's a reason for the why, I'm a happy girl. But when there's no reason, I can't handle it. Unfortunately, the things that matter most...the real life things...usually are not logical. When things don't make sense, it affects me emotionally. I try to make sense of things that I shouldn't and it rarely turns out well.
So, here's my new goal: Try to accept things as they come. If they make sense, great! If not, get over it and move on. We'll see how it goes.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment