Saturday, March 3, 2012

Surprise!

Ok, this may come as a surprise to some people, but let me just say, I really enjoy watching sports...mostly football and basketball, especially college.  I love it!  I don't know why, but I do.  Of course, I have my favorite team...BYU (no surprise there)...but I do enjoy mostly any college game.

I have decided that I surprise people...mostly guys...when they discover this.  I'm definitely a girly girl, but that doesn't keep me from loving sports.  It's funny when guys actually ask me about how something works in a specific sport.  An incident such as this happened last night.  I was watching the BYU/San Diego game, and for the last few minutes, a few of the guys at my apartment joined me.  One asked me a question in terms of the tournament, which I answered.  Another thought it entertaining that he had asked a girl who knew the answer.  Yes, it happens, and I really enjoy it.

I watched the BYU/Oregon State football game with my dad this last fall.  While it was on, I had the realization that this was probably something he had never anticipated and I mentioned it, saying, "I bet you never thought you'd have a daughter who would sit down and watch a football game with you, huh?"  I was right.  I've noticed that I tend to have more conversations with him and my brothers about sports, and some of me wonders if I would have been able to go to a Jazz game when I was younger if my love of sports was really known. :)

No comments: