Sunday, June 10, 2012

Piano

How I love the piano. I love playing it, and I love listening to it. Some of the most relaxing music I can listen to is simply piano music, and I can listen to it for hours.

When I was six, I started teaching myself how to play the piano. My older siblings were all playing and I thought it would be fun. My mom decided she didn't want me to teach myself so she called the piano teacher and explained the situation. The teacher's solution was to bring me in for a quick 10 minute lesson and at the end of it, I wouldn't be interested. So that's exactly what my mom did. After a full thirty minute lesson, the teacher decided that I was, in fact, ready to learn to play the piano. And that's where it started.

I think now that I probably could have excelled a little more in it if I had actually practiced and kept with lessons like I really should have, but when I was younger, practicing wasn't fun. Now, I do practice for fun and when I find a good reason to go play the piano for half an hour, it's a highlight of my day.

No comments: