Friday, June 29, 2012

Wildfires

There have been so many fires the last few days. I've paid attention to where they are, sizes, etc. but I'm really amazed at how much it's affecting the air. There is one just about an hour away that has burned over 45,000 acres, and the sky is so smoky.

Yesterday for work, I took my group to the mall with another group. The clients enjoy walking around and looking at some of the stores. We really enjoy going into FYE and listening to the music. When we were done and getting back into the car, the sky had gotten so much worse. The sun shining through the smoke gave off an orangish light...almost like a street light. It felt like it was 8:00 at night...weirdest feeling. And, of course, there was ash falling on my car, and probably me.

Hopefully they will get these fires under control soon, cause I really don't want to keep breathing this air.

No comments: