Friday, June 29, 2012

Work Pranks

Today was an extremely productive day at work. I had a beloved paperwork day and I think I got a lot done. This afternoon, I did an interview (someone I want to hire), and while I was happily conducting an interview, trying to get some help for my great staff, they decided to play a prank on me. I'm not usually one for pranks, but they got me good, and I was able to appreciate it. It definitely helped that I was feeling good about my productive day and was in a happy mood.

This is what happened. This morning, they found out I have a serious dislike and fear of snakes. A few groups went on an outing and while they were out, stopped at the dollar store. While I was in the interview, they strategically placed their purchases all over my office...rubber snakes. The first one I found was orange and curled nicely on my chair. I probably jumped a little bit. There were three or four big ones and probably close to ten small ones. The small ones didn't bother me much, but each time I found a big one, I jumped. And I refused to touch them. I made everyone else move them and get them gone. Anyways, it was a good prank, but I never want to see those snakes in my office...or building...again.

And no...this post does not get a picture. ;)

No comments: