I ran out of Excedrin at work a few weeks ago, so I went to Walmart to get some more. I searched...and searched up and down the aisle looking for it, but it was not there. So, I gave up, left Walmart a little bugged, and made up my mind to just look at another store.
This morning, I made a quick stop at Macey's before work. I grabbed a few things, and looked in the Pharmacy section for Excedrin. Again, I couldn't find it. That got me curious. So, I decided to research it a little. This is what I found...
According to USA TODAY:
Some of the most common drugs in consumers' medicine cabinets were recalled last week because of concerns that they could contain whole or partial pills of extremely strong opiate medications used to treat pain. USA TODAY's Elizabeth Weise answers questions about the recall.
QUESTION: What's being recalled?
ANSWER: Excedrin, NoDoz, Bufferin and Gas-X Prevention. The specific lots are: Excedrin and NoDoz products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2014, or earlier, Also, Bufferin and Gas-X Prevention products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2013, or earlier.
Then I found on the Huffington Post:
Mixing of different products in the same bottle could result in consumers taking the incorrect product and receiving a higher or lower strength than intended or receiving an unintended ingredient. This could potentially result in overdose, interaction with other medications a consumer may be taking, or an allergic reaction if the consumer is allergic to the unintended ingredient.
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment