Thursday, February 23, 2012

New Job

I got a new job. I finally decided to leave the Credit Union and find something more suited for someone with a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development. I'm actually going back to my old company, TURN Community Services. I left because at the time, I was really struggling with certain people there, and I didn't really have an opportunity to advance. In looking for jobs, I found an opening on KSL for a Program Coordinator...what I wanted to end up doing the whole time...so I applied. After interviewing, I basically made up my mind that I wasn't going to get it, so I decided I didn't want it. It was a complete shock two days ago when I got the call with the offer. I knew I needed to give it some thought...

So, today, after visits to the temple (Tuesday night to work in the Baptistry, Wednesday night for ward temple night), a blessing from Aaron, and lots of prayer and contemplation, I decided to accept the job. Hopefully, I can find the confidence I need to happily go when it comes time to actually start working. But, I am also scared because I never thought I would go back. I never had the desire. I hope that a new position, a new area, and new directors will prove to make it better...

However, one thing I am definitely looking forward to is a couple days off. I put in my two weeks notice and will be done March 9th...then I won't have to go to training until the next Wednesday, so I have two days with nothing to do! I'm so excited!

No comments: